All requests for Special Collections & University Archives materials are made through our electronic Special Collections Request system, which replaces all paper registration and request forms. With the Special Collections Request system you can:
- Submit requests using a form for books, journals/newspapers, and/or archival material;
- Submit requests automatically via links in our online catalog, Scotty; Submit requests automatically via links in our finding aids on the Online Archive of California (OAC);
- Submit requests in advance of a visit to the library;
- Submit requests for reproductions including digital scans, of Special Collections & University Archives special collections materials;
- Track the status of each request;
- Access detailed information about past requests.
Please review our guidelines for using materials to prepare for your visit.
Please review our reproduction policies and fees prior to submitting a request for reproductions.
*** Researchers are strongly advised to request materials at least 24 hours in advance in order to avoid delays in accessing materials. ***